Calling all authors support your libraries

Library-poster-letter

Let’s start a movement!! If you write, donate your signed books to your local library and volunteer to read them. You get followers and future readers they get you in person.

If you have books donate them to small libraries that have so few and little money to buy more.

Get involved. Children that read get ahead. Ereaders are great but there is nothing like the adventure of going to a library and finding that perfect book. Take your kids get them a card. It is better for their minds and health.

Please reblog and share this post so we get the word out that libraries need our support. We don’t want to see a day when they are no longer there.

37 comments

1. The Story Reading Ape · May 6, 2015

Reblogged this on Chris The Story Reading Ape's Blog and commented:
    Go talk to your local Librarian, offer your book(s) to them, ask them to either have them on display and/or give them a poster that promotes the book(s) – NOTHING VENTURED NOTHING GAINED FOLKS 😀
    If YOU can’t come up with a promo poster, contact me via the Book Covers email address, send me the cover, blurb, and a short article about yourself (relating to the community you are in, to prove you are a local author).
    I will try to put a poster together for you (NOTE there will be a small, but affordable fee) – and you will be able to print off as many copies as you like for your own use…

Liked by 5 people

2. islandeditions · May 6, 2015

Reblogged this on Books: Publishing, Reading, Writing and commented:
    I’d like to add to this that it’s a known statistic: readers who borrow books from libraries are generally also book buyers. So if authors think giving their books to libraries is counterproductive to selling books … think again! By placing your book in a library you expose it to many, many more readers. Plus librarians and libraries rock and promote literacy in the community, so it’s a great thing you do in supporting them!

3. Toni Betzner · May 6, 2015

My sister just donated her book to our local library. Hope that helps her get some exposure. We’re going to check back this week and see if we can find it.

Liked by 1 person

4. bettylouise31 · May 6, 2015

Reblogged this on idahobluebird50 and commented:
    I have known two libraries that were supported by community only and had no funds for books. One in Almo Nevada and one in Borsh Arizona.

5. bettylouise31 · May 6, 2015

I am now donate books tomind. My library comes once a week to our senior retirement home bring bo poo ks to us. It is one of the most popular events as some have no way to go to the library. They even help with e readers.

Liked by 1 person

6. Tricia Drammeh, Author · May 6, 2015

Reblogged this on Tricia Drammeh and commented:
    Thank you, Susan Toy and Chris the Story Reading Ape, for reblogging this excellent post and bringing it to our attention. I think this is a great idea!

7. georgeforfun · May 6, 2015

Reblogged this on georgeforfun.

8. Great ideas! Don’t forget to make suggestions of books for the library acquire. Authors need to support authors

Liked by 1 person

9. masgautsen · May 7, 2015

That is such a good idea for authors! I love going to the library to borrow books or just to sit around to read. The library in our town was fixed up about a year ago and it has never been more popular.

Liked by 1 person

10. Léa · May 7, 2015
  11. macjam47 · May 7, 2015

Reblogged this on BOOK CHAT and commented:
    Authors and readers – support your local library.

12. Gale A. Molinari · May 7, 2015

Thank you so much for the reblogs!! I hope this really travels so we can get those new authors and audience and benefit the libraries too!!

13. oshrivastava · May 8, 2015

Reblogged this on oshriradhekrishnabole.

Liked by 1 person

14. theowllady · May 8, 2015

Reblogged this on theowlladyblog.

Liked by 2 people

15. Norah · May 8, 2015

Great suggestions! Books are definitely an adventure worth having!

16. Gale A. Molinari · May 8, 2015

Thank you so much for the reblog!! It is so gratifying to get this word out!!!

17. bookreviews1966 · May 8, 2015

I am a donator, love to read, I give books all the time, and visit my local library. Bravo for the reblog!!

• Gale A. Molinari · May 8, 2015

Thanks!!! That is wonderful everyone should good for you hope this gets spread so more people do!!

18. mrjcrblogs · May 14, 2015

Reblogged this on JoelCarltonRylanceblogs.

19. Ad Dawg · May 29, 2015

Going to Reblog immediately. Donated nearly a 100 books last year to a stuggling library….love this idea and effort. Nothing like a “brink & mortar” book in your hand. I think kids like the feel of them as well….and opening up a book; turning that page into the next wondrous words of adventure, mirth, and the like is what hooked me at a very early age. I’m a big mystery fiction fan, and the library is where I would go to get my “monthly fix” of suspense.

Thank you for your visit and follow. I am now a follower of your fine blog. Librarians Rock & Rule!

Liked by 1 person

• Gale A. Molinari · May 29, 2015

Yes they do and it is a wonderful way for new authors to get exposure as well. There are so many and it is hard for them to get known and published.

20. Cleo deLancey · June 10, 2015

Reblogged this on TalesForTheYoung and commented:
    Let’s keep our library’s alive and vibrant! This is a repost of an article by “galesmind” Thank you!